• blog
  • contact
  • Musicology Tuition

    Cor, blimey... Musicology is a big word. It basically means the study of music. Here's what I can help you with:

    Music Theory

    When you're learning to play or sing music from notation then you need to know the basics of music theory. I teach the ABRSM music theory grades from 1 - 8.
    If you have taken Grade 5 on your instrument(s) then you need to take Grade 5 theory in order to progress. Give me a call or email if you need some help. P.S. I quite enjoy doing theory. It's very strange. Well... at least I know what I'm doing.

    GCSE, AS and A-Level Tuition

    It's easy to feel a bit lost or get a bit stuck. You might need a little more support. Give me a call if you need to extra assistance.

    NB - GCSE, AS and A-Level Composition
    If you're composing for GCSE, AS or A-Level remember that your work has to be entirely your own and done in supervised conditions at school or college. What I can help you with is:
    How to compose a theme or leitmotif
    How to develop a melody
    Finding implied harmony
    Researching your influences
    Planning a storyboard
    Please remember that I can not do your composition for you. I cannot help you structure your composition, that is what you do in school or college under supervised conditions. I will also keep a report of your work and communicate with your school or college should they request it.

    Tuition for Undergraduates

    I am happy to give undergraduate students assistance with their studies. My specialist areas are:
    Romantic Piano Music
    The Classic Blues
    Gender in Music
    Musical Analysis
    Harmony and Counterpoint
    Inclusion in Music Education

    Web Design by Cari Laythorpe | Sitemap